I work for Opinion Dynamics because I am encouraged to think creatively and strategically in all of my work, from leveraging new methods to helping a client solve problems. I am passionate about what I produce.
— Staff Feedback
TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Opinion Dynamics Corporation advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of highly qualified consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and energy industry stakeholders. Opinion Dynamics’ research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. We work hard to foster innovative thought and collegiality among our staff with the aim of providing our clients with customized and innovative solutions. Opinion Dynamics is a growing company offering excellent development, training, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics Corporation is looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic people to join our growing team of energy industry professionals. Ideal candidates for this position enjoy analytics, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. We are looking for someone who is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with a team of social scientists, statisticians, and engineers.
For this position, we are seeking someone to join us at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts.
As an Opinion Dynamics project manager, you will oversee energy evaluation and research projects utilizing leadership, organization, as well as analytical and report writing skills. You will lead multiple projects working alongside a strong team of analysts and junior staff as well as a team of experts who will share and guide your work and professional development. As a project manager, your work will involve:
- Designing research and evaluation studies
- Directing and overseeing the design of survey instruments and qualitative data collection guides
- Directing and overseeing quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Developing and managing project deliverables, schedules, budgets, and staffing plans
- Managing and mentoring staff
- Delivering presentations at industry conferences and client meetings
- Contributing to business development including proposal writing and client management
We are looking for candidates with a dynamic toolkit – who are intellectually curious with creativity and an analytic mindset, but with strong leadership and management skills. Experience with program evaluation, market research, econometric analysis, project and client management, business development, energy efficiency, and energy systems is a plus. More specifically, key characteristics include:
- Bachelor’s degree (required), advanced degree (preferred). Individuals with degrees in public policy, economics, statistics, or social sciences have been successful in this position.
- Experience designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative research studies
- Familiarity and experience with a range of statistical techniques
- Familiarity and experience with survey research
- Experience with program evaluation or custom market research
- Experience with Stata, SPSS, SAS, or R
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and uncompromising standards
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter (required), salary requirements, and resume to: CareersMA@opiniondynamics.com with “Project Manager” in the subject line.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Project Manager
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position.