TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
What we’re looking for:
Opinion Dynamics is seeking an engineer with experience in the building energy field to evaluate energy efficiency programs. The right person for this job has a mix of technical and interpersonal skills, and an interest in evaluating efficiency programs throughout the United States. This position is based in our Waltham, Massachusetts headquarters.
Evaluation work requires a wide variety of skills, from the technical (e.g., energy calculations, monitoring and verification, energy modeling, and statistical analysis), to communications-based skills (e.g., research, reporting, presenting findings). The types of energy efficiency programs being evaluated also vary, and include commercial, industrial, and residential programs, as well as renewable, and educational programs.
As a consultant within our growing engineering team, your work will involve:
- Evaluating and developing methodologies and algorithms to determine electric and gas savings for residential, commercial, and industrial energy efficiency technologies and programs
- Calculating energy and demand savings associated with energy efficient measures in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
- Conducting building energy simulation modeling using software such as eQuest, Open Studio, etc.
- Creating data collection instruments for use during site visits
- Planning for and performing on-site measurement and verification
- Producing high quality reports and/or presentations based on sound engineering methods and findings
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- E.M. and/or E.I.T. desired, but not required
- Two to five years of experience related to engineering in the building energy sector and/or energy consulting
- Understanding of the engineering principles underlying building energy use, including thermodynamics, heat transfer, and electricity transmission and distribution
- Experience with energy modeling, bin data analysis, and data logging with various types of equipment
- Experience with building energy simulation modeling applications (eQuest, Open Studio, etc.)
- Familiarity with ASHRAE, ENERGY STAR, IPMVP, IECC, and other residential and commercial building codes, standards, and protocols
- Detail oriented and strong attention to quality assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and technical research abilities
- Ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
Beyond these qualifications, we’re looking for someone with the ability and desire to continue learning about energy efficiency, and to gain expertise in the evaluation field. Opinion Dynamics is a growing company, offering competitive salaries and benefits.
About Opinion Dynamics Corporation
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues
through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees.
How to Apply
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter (required), salary requirements, and resume to CareersMA@opiniondynamics.com with “Consultant, Engineering” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Consultant- Engineering