TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Consultant- Data Analytics Group
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues
through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants provides actionable research to support the needs of our clients, which include electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research and consulting services inform program planning and design, performance assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees. The Data Science Group within Opinion Dynamics is especially focused on technical, quantitative aspects of our analysis services.
What we’re looking for:
Opinion Dynamics seeks a new team member to join our Data Analytics group to solve complex data management questions in support of energy policy evaluations. Our ideal candidate enjoys data mining and data munging, is a problem solver, and is excited to work with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, data analysts, and programmers.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in quantitative social science, statistics, political science, economics, computer science and data management or related field
- Two or more years’ work experience in data management, ideally developing and maintaining databases, data ingestion, cleaning, summarizing, aggregation and manipulation
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages (R, Python, Java, SQL, go, Scala, etc.)
- Experience importing, cleaning and manipulating large datasets (500,000+ records) using one or more statistical packages (R, Python, STATA) and identifying, summarizing and effectively correcting data inconsistencies, as well as clearly documenting and communicating data exploration and cleaning decisions while assessing their effect on resulting data structures and possible analyses
- Experience conducting econometric modeling or statistical regression analysis
- Demonstrated track-record of thinking critically about your work and clearly communicating with other project staff and managers about your work
- Demonstrated interest in the energy field, energy policy, or building science
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and flexibly
- Two or more years’ work experience in data analysis, ideally evaluating energy efficiency programs and/or performing other forms of longitudinal data analysis, OR higher educational attainment with relevant coursework
- Experience analyzing IoT data
- Strong statistical analysis and modeling skills preferably using R or Python
- Experience with model validation techniques
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Demonstrated aptitude with data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience working with diverse set of teams supporting data needs
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter (required) and resume with “Data Analytics Consultant” in the subject line. If contacted, please be prepared to provide data analysis and writing samples that clearly demonstrate your experience and aptitude in the areas outlined above, as well as two or more references who can speak to your experience, work orientation, and work ethic.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Consultant- Data Analytics Group
Please submit a cover letter and resume to CareersCA@opiniondynamics.com. No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.