TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Director of Data Analysis – Data Science Group
What we’re looking for:
Opinion Dynamics seeks a new senior team member to join our Data Science and Analytics group to guide complex data analysis and data management questions in support of energy policy evaluations. Responsibilities include managing and quality checking evaluations of energy programs, problem solving analyses, working with and supervising members of a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, data analysts, and programmers.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in quantitative social science, statistics, political science, economics, computer science and data management or related field. An advanced degree and substantial coursework in statistics or data science is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the energy field, especially in Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, Distributed Energy Resources, and Non-Wires Solutions
- Five or more years’ work experience in data analysis, ideally evaluating energy efficiency programs and/or performing other forms of longitudinal data analysis, OR 3 years’ experience with higher educational attainment and relevant coursework.
- Five or more years’ work experience in data management, developing and maintaining databases, data ingestion, cleaning, summarizing, aggregation and manipulation; OR 3 years’ experience with higher educational attainment and relevant coursework.
- Three or more years’ management and quality assurance experience for quantitative evaluation projects.
- Experience directing teams, managing and advising staff, mentoring, and working with direct reports.
- Strong statistical analysis, modeling, and programming skills preferably using R or Python
- Advanced analysis skills, including causal models, matching, quasi-experimental models, clustering, prediction, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise and best practices for QA/QC for advanced analytics, including model validation techniques.
- Sample design skills – clustering, stratification, optimal stratum selection, multi-stage and multi-mode
- Experimental design skills – understand and select appropriate experimental design for evaluations
- Exceptional Consulting Skills –
- Proven experience working to align research, design and approach to customer goals and project budgets.
- Superlative communication skills internally with project teams and externally among clients and stakeholders.
- Experience working with clients to define, evaluate and prioritize among disparate client needs.
- Self-directed professional – Independently research new analysis methodologies, software and hardware to support business objectives
- Experience with IoT data
- Experience with Stata programming and code review
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Demonstrated aptitude with data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience working with diverse set of teams supporting data needs
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure for large scale data management and analysis is a strong plus
About Opinion Dynamics Corporation
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues
through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants provides actionable research to support the needs of our clients, which include electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research and consulting services inform program planning and design, performance assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees. The Data Science Group within Opinion Dynamics is especially focused on technical, quantitative aspects of our analysis services.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter (required) and resume with “Director of Data Analysis” in the subject line. If contacted, please be prepared to provide data analysis and writing samples that clearly demonstrate your experience and aptitude in the areas outlined above, as well as two or more references who can speak to your experience, work orientation, and work ethic.
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Director of Data Analysis – Data Science Group