TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Managing Consultant- Data Analytics Team
Opinion Dynamics seeks a new team member to join our Data Analytics team. This person will act as a Technical Lead to drive innovative thinking, methodologies, and data analytics approaches in the energy space. The Data Analytics group is a dynamic and tightly knit team of individuals from a range of backgrounds working closely together on analytically challenging and methodologically innovative consulting, advising, and research projects to support energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, and grid-focused needs. Our ideal candidate will be adept at both performing complex modeling and analytic tasks and acting as a technical lead on data analytics projects, advising and mentoring staff on analytic approaches as well as performing quality control and assurance. A successful candidate will be able to thrive and perform effectively in an agile and dynamic environment of a consulting firm and is excited to work with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, data analysts, and programmers.
Opinion Dynamics is known for the excellence of our team and our commitment to a corporate culture that fosters innovative thought, growth and enrichment opportunities, passionate employees, collegiality and collaboration.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate
- Demonstrated experience in the energy field, especially in Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, and Distributed Energy Resources
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quantitative social science, statistics, political science, economics, computer or data science, or related field
- Advanced analytics and modeling skills/data science, including model evaluation and validation best practices
- 4-6 years of experience working on quantitative data analysis, including econometric modeling or data science, ideally in a consulting environment
- Strong programming skills in Python (including the usual data science stack)
- Expertise with data engineering in the context of advanced analytical modeling
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated track-record of thinking critically about your work and clearly communicating with other project staff and managers about your work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with clients. Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong record of guiding teams and managing projects of various levels of analytic complexity, including client management, budget management, and management of staff hours
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and flexibly
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure for large data management
Additional qualifications of value
- Master’s or PhD in statistics, economics, engineering, or related field. An advanced degree and substantial coursework in statistics or data science is a strong plus
- Programming skills in other programming languages (R, Java, SQL etc.)
- Experience with version control software (e.g. Git) and collaborative code development
- Experience with data science and machine learning methods
- Experience with experimental and sample design
- Demonstrated aptitude with data visualization tools and techniques (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Experience working on a collaborative, cross-functional team
Preferred: Waltham, MA (Company headquarters)
Other locations across Continental United States will be considered.
Submit Your Resume and Cover Letter to the Following Address
About Opinion Dynamics Corporation
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues
through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants provides actionable research to support the needs of our clients, which include electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research and consulting services inform program planning and design, performance assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resources programs. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees. The Data Analytics Group within Opinion Dynamics is especially focused on taking a data-driven approach to answering complex technical questions.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter (required) and resume with “Data Analytics Technical Lead” in the subject line. If contacted, please be prepared to complete analytical tests as part of the interviewing process; provide data analysis and writing samples that clearly demonstrate your experience and aptitude in the areas outlined above; as well as supply two or more references who can speak to your experience, work orientation, and work ethic.
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Managing Consultant- Data Analytics Team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to CareersCA@opiniondynamics.com. No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.