TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks a Principal Consultant to work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape the clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, evaluation, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs. Projects also include customer experience research, formative market research for new and existing programs, technology assessments, market characterization and potential studies, and advising on program design and implementation.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados – those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. Our ideal candidate is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
As a Principal Consultant, you are the cornerstone of a project team, connecting our clients with the internal expertise needed to answer their key questions. In this role, you will be responsible for project and staff management. This includes leading the design and execution of research and evaluation projects, as well as working closely with our clients to make sure we’re being responsive to their current needs and helping them look ahead to the next set of questions, challenges and opportunities. In this role, you will be responsible for the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Developing research and evaluation plans that adhere to industry best practices
- Overseeing, and contributing to the execution of research plans, ensuring that objectives are achieved, results are accurate, and recommendations are actionable
- Conducting quality control of work products including surveys, analysis, and reporting
- Effectively managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets to meet client needs and contract specifications
- Designing research strategies and methods in collaboration with other team members and functional teams (e.g., data analytics and management, market insights and engineering)
- Authoring memos, reports and presentations for clients and other external audiences
- Developing and presenting executive level results and recommendations
- Providing training and mentorship to less experienced consulting staff
- Writing proposals to win new projects
We’re looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills; excellent time management and organizational skills; effective project management skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to lead our project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience managing primary research or consulting projects
- Demonstrated experience managing team-based projects
- Exemplary client management skills
- Applied experience in research design and methods
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated experience providing direction and support to less experienced staff
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and desire to advance within the organization
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Master’s degree
- Experience in the energy industry, preferably with energy efficiency, demand response, and/or distributed energy resources programs and initiatives
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, R, Python or NVIVO along with the ability to train and mentor less experienced staff on these tools
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees.
Boston and San Diego locations preferred
How to Apply
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter (required), salary requirements, and resume to CareersMA@opiniondynamics.com with “Principal Consultant” in the subject line.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Principal Consultant
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.