TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Senior Consultant- Data Analytics Group
Opinion Dynamics seeks a new team member to join our Data Analytics team. The Data Analytics group is a dynamic and tightly knit team of individuals from a range of backgrounds working closely together on analytically challenging and methodologically innovative consulting, advising, and research projects to support energy efficiency and grid-focused needs. Our ideal candidate enjoys data analytics/science, data mining and data munging, is a problem solver, can effectively operate and navigate a dynamic environment of a consulting firm, and is excited to work with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, data analysts, and programmers.
Opinion Dynamics is a firm known for the excellence of our team and our commitment to a corporate culture that fosters innovative thought, growth and enrichment opportunities, passionate employees, collegiality and collaboration.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate
- Demonstrated interest in energy, energy policy, or building science
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quantitative social science, statistics, political science, economics, computer or data science, or related field
- Two or more years’ work experience in analytics, ideally evaluating energy efficiency programs and/or performing other forms of longitudinal data analysis, OR higher educational attainment with relevant coursework
- Strong programming skills in Python (including the standard data science stack)
- Experience importing, cleaning, and manipulating large datasets (500,000+ records) in the context of analytical modeling
- Experience with econometric modeling/statistical regression analysis, including model evaluation and validation best practices
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated track-record of thinking critically about your work and clearly communicating with other project staff and managers about your work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with clients as well as ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong consulting and advising skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and flexibly
Additional qualifications of value
- Master’s or PhD in statistics, economics, engineering, or related field
- Programming skills in other programming languages (R, Java, SQL etc.)
- Experience with version control software (e.g. Git) and collaborative code development
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Demonstrated aptitude with data visualization tools and techniques (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Experience working on a collaborative, cross-functional team
Preferred: Waltham, MA (Company headquarters)
Other locations across Continental United States will be considered.
About Opinion Dynamics Corporation
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues
through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants provides actionable research to support the needs of our clients, which include electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research and consulting services inform program planning and design, performance assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees. The Data Analytics Group within Opinion Dynamics is especially focused on taking a data-driven approach to answering complex technical questions.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter (required) and resume with “Data Analytics Consultant” in the subject line. If contacted, please be prepared to complete analytical tests as part of the interviewing process; provide data analysis and writing samples that clearly demonstrate your experience and aptitude in the areas outlined above; as well as supply two or more references who can speak to your experience, work orientation, and work ethic.
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Senior Consultant- Data Analytics Group
Please submit a cover letter and resume to CareersCA@opiniondynamics.com. No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.