TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions.
Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees. Headquartered in Massachusetts, our passionate team of employees are also located in California. We’re seeking staff in our Oakland, California office, a bustling downtown area overlooking beautiful Lake Merritt. Our culture reflects our staff; we work hard, but also seek a work-life balance.
We are looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados, who enjoy conducting analytics but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. Our ideal candidate is someone who is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with a team of engineers, statisticians, and social scientists.
Our senior consulting staff serve as thought leaders using strong critical thinking skills within the context of the energy industry, evaluation methods and approaches. Senior consultant staff will help drive delivery of products that support client needs using skills and experiences in program evaluation, statistics, survey design, and quantitative analysis. On each project, you will work with a team of experts who will share and guide your work and professional development.
We’re looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and in groups. Experience with program evaluation, statistics, survey design, quantitative analysis or energy efficiency and energy systems is a plus. We’re looking for staff with the following characteristics:
- Master’s degree, preferably in public policy, economics, statistics, sociology or a related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of and ability to use SPSS or STATA statistical software
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the energy efficiency, demand response, smart grid, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields
- Track record of conducting research in a consulting capacity outside academia or direct experience in the energy industry
- Academic or professional experience with energy efficiency, demand response or energy related issues
- Experience developing surveys and similar data collection instruments
- Experience manipulating complex data sets, and cleaning and analyzing data
- Ability to render the complex simple
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and under time pressure
- Tireless attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Senior Consultant
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.