TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR
COVER LETTER AND
Senior Consultant- Engineering
What we’re looking for:
Opinion Dynamics is seeking a senior engineer with experience in the building energy field to evaluate energy efficiency programs. The right person for this job has a mix of technical and interpersonal skills, and an interest in improving the effectiveness of energy efficiency programs throughout the U.S. Additionally, we are looking for an engineer who enjoys working with staff from different disciplines and wants to support the expansion of a strong and vibrant engineering team within the company.
Energy program evaluation work requires a wide variety of skills, from the technical (energy calculations, monitoring & verification, energy modeling, and statistical analysis), to more communicative tasks (in-depth interviewing, working with clients and other staff, and reporting). The types of energy programs being evaluated also vary, and include commercial, industrial, and residential efficiency programs and renewable energy programs. As a Senior Consultant within our growing engineering team, your work will involve:
- Evaluating and developing methodologies and algorithms to provide electric and gas savings for residential, commercial, and industrial energy efficient technologies and programs
- Conducting building energy simulation modeling
- Planning for, performing, and overseeing on-site M&V
- Providing technical energy expertise to utilities to enhance the performance and participation in energy efficiency and renewable energy programs
- Interacting in a positive and constructive fashion with clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with a team of engineers, project managers, statisticians, survey designers, programmers and other staff
- Overseeing project execution and serving as a technical resource for staff
- Managing the development of high quality, client-ready reports based on sound engineering methods and findings
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to engineering in the building energy sector and energy consulting
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering (mechanical preferred) or related field required
- E.M. and/or P.E. desired, but not required
- At least 2 years managing energy-related engineering projects and overseeing engineering staff
- Understanding of the engineering principles underlying building energy use, including thermodynamics, heat transfer, and electricity
- Experience with energy modeling, bin data analysis, monitoring & verification, and data logging with several types of equipment (HVAC, lighting, refrigeration, etc.)
- Proficient in building energy simulation modeling applications (Open Studio, eQuest, Energy Plus, etc.)
- Familiarity with ASHRAE, IPMVP, IECC, and other residential and commercial building codes, standards, and protocols
- Understanding of renewable energy technologies (photovoltaics, wind, distributed generation, etc.)
- Familiarity with building science, sustainable practices, and emerging technologies
- Detail oriented and strong attention to quality assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and technical research abilities
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
Beyond these qualifications, we are looking for a leader with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and the desire to continue to learn about energy efficiency and the evaluation field. We are a growing company, offering competitive salaries and benefits.
About Opinion Dynamics Corporation
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality and growth opportunities for our employees.
How to Apply
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter (required), salary requirements, and resume to CareersMA@opiniondynamics.com with “Senior Consultant, Engineering” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only those resumes accompanied by a cover letter will be considered. Opinion Dynamics will not provide sponsorship for work authorization for this position. Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers: Senior Consultant- Engineering