Opinion Dynamics is seeking motivated, passionate, and collaborative consultant to join our Engineering team with experience in the building energy field to evaluate energy efficiency programs. The right person for this job has a mix of technical and interpersonal skills, and an interest in evaluating efficiency programs throughout the United States. This position is based in our Waltham, Massachusetts headquarters or our California office locations (San Diego or Oakland).
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our collaborative team of energy industry aficionados – those who enjoy conducting research and analysis and also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. We are Evaluation work requires a wide variety of skills, from the technical (e.g., energy calculations, monitoring and verification, energy modeling, and statistical analysis), to communications-based skills (e.g., research, reporting, presenting findings). The types of energy efficiency programs being evaluated also vary, and include commercial, industrial, and residential programs, as well as renewable, and educational programs. As a consultant within our growing engineering team, your work will involve:
- Evaluating and developing methodologies and algorithms to determine electric and gas savings for residential, commercial, and industrial energy efficiency technologies and programs
- Calculating energy and demand savings associated with energy efficient measures in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
- Conducting building energy simulation modeling using software such as eQuest, Open Studio, etc.
- Creating data collection instruments for use during site visits
- Planning for and performing on-site measurement and verification
- Producing high quality reports and/or presentations based on sound engineering methods and findings
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Coursework, projects, and/or professional experience related to energy consumption, energy efficiency, clean energy, and sustainability in the build environment
- Understanding of the engineering principles underlying building energy use, including thermodynamics, heat transfer, and electricity transmission and distribution
- Experience with energy modeling, bin data analysis, and data logging with various types of equipment
- Experience with building energy simulation modeling applications (eQuest, Open Studio, etc.)
- Familiarity with ASHRAE, ENERGY STAR, IPMVP, IECC, and other residential and commercial building codes, standards, and protocols
- Detail oriented and strong attention to quality assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and technical research abilities
- Ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
Beyond these qualifications, we’re looking for someone with the ability and desire to continue learning about energy efficiency, and to gain expertise in the evaluation field. Opinion Dynamics is a growing company, offering competitive salaries and benefits.
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, parental status, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related, or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.