Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks an Associate Consultant to work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape a clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, evaluation, and optimization of transportation and building electrification, demand response, and energy efficiency programs.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados–those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. Our team is committed to professional development by actively creating opportunities to learn and progress within our thriving firm. Our ideal candidate is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
In this multi-faceted role as an Associate Consultant, you will rapidly learn about the energy industry, research and evaluation methods and approaches, and help deliver products that support client needs. You will be responsible for:
- Designing data collection instruments such as interview guides and surveys
- Supporting consulting staff in development of sampling strategies and other approaches for primary data collection
- Interviewing a range of clients and stakeholders in the energy industry including utility staff, utility customers, contractors, and policy makers
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from an array of social science research methods such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data sources
- Supporting consulting staff and functional teams to analyze program tracking and other data sources to estimate energy and demand impacts
- Assisting our Survey Team with the day-to-day fielding of surveys by serving as the internal fielding manager on survey projects and coordinating with external field partners
- Developing data visualizations and graphics for client deliverables
- Contributing to memos, reports and presentations for clients and other external audiences
On each project, you will work with a team of experts guiding your work and professional development.
We’re looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in social science research methods and data analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Interest in working in a fast-paced consulting environment
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in the energy industry, including energy efficiency, demand response, and/or renewable energy programs and initiatives
- Coursework or applied experience in research design or market research
- Experience using quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS or STATA
- Skills in one or more general purpose or statistical computing programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience using qualitative data analysis software such as NVIVO
salary and hybrid environment
This Associate Consultant position is a hybrid role with a mix of in-office and remote work. Salary for Associate Consultant is $63,000/year.
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Opinion Dynamics is also committed to fostering a more diverse workforce. BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.