Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks an Associate Director, Decarbonization, to work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape the clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, evaluation, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs. Projects also include customer experience research, formative market research for new and existing programs, technology assessments, market characterization and potential studies, and advising on program design and implementation.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados – those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. The Associate Director, Decarbonization, is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Contribute to decarbonization business development strategy and lead its execution
- Expand business opportunities by identifying target clients and developing relationships with potential clients and partners
- Develop the company’s decarbonization industry engagement strategy, and demonstrate industry thought leadership by attending and presenting at industry events as well as contributing to editorial content
- Monitor decarbonization trends to identify business opportunities and inform company strategy
- Lead decarbonization proposal strategy and execution, including championing proposals for new project opportunities
- Provide decarbonization subject matter expertise related to policy, utility program design and implementation, and analysis (e.g., modeling, cost-benefit frameworks)
- Collaborate with various internal teams to deliver value to existing clients
- Mentor staff and scale internal staff capabilities
- 7-10 years related demonstrated work experience in the energy industry, preferably with experience developing client relationships and networks
- Demonstrated leadership and strong presence in decarbonization-focused research, policy, or program administration
- Master’s/Ph.D. degree in social science, economics, or related field
Boston or San Diego. Remote location will be considered for strong candidates
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your application below. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
No phone calls, please.
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Opinion Dynamics is also committed to fostering a more diverse workforce. BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.