Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks a Consultant to work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape the clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados–those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. Our ideal candidate is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
In this multifaceted role, you will rapidly learn about the energy industry, research and evaluation methods and approaches, and delivering products that support client needs. You will be responsible for:
- Designing interview guides and surveys
- Interviewing a range of clients and stakeholders in the energy industry including utility staff, utility customers, contractors, and policy makers
- Analyzing data from an array of social science research methods such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data sources
- Developing data visualizations and graphics for client deliverables
- Contributing to memos, reports and presentations for clients and other external audiences
On each project, you will work with a team of experts guiding your work and professional development.
We’re looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coursework or applied experience in research design or market research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in the energy industry, including energy efficiency, demand response, and/or distributed energy resources programs and initiatives
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in social science research methods and data analysis
- Experience using statistical or data management software such as SPSS, STATA, R or Python
- Experience using qualitative software such as NVIVO
- Interest in working in a fast-paced consulting environment
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Opinion Dynamics is also committed to fostering a more diverse workforce. BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.