Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks a Consultant to work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape the clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource programs.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados–those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. Our ideal candidate is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, and is excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
As a consultant, you will serve as jack-of-all trades, rapidly learning about the energy industry, research and evaluation methods and approaches, and delivering products that support client needs. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Designing interview guides and surveys
- Interviewing a range of clients and stakeholders in the energy industry including utility staff, utility customers, contractors, and policy makers
- Analyzing data from an array of social science research methods such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data sources
- Developing data visualizations and graphics for client deliverables
- Contributing to memos, reports and presentations for clients and other external audiences
On each project, you will work with a team of experts guiding your work and professional development.
We’re looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coursework or applied experience in research design or market research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in the energy industry, including energy efficiency, demand response, and/or distributed energy resources programs and initiatives
- Coursework, applied experience or demonstrated interest in social science research methods and data analysis
- Experience using statistical or data management software such as SPSS, STATA, R or Python
- Experience using qualitative software such as NVIVO
- Interest in working in a fast-paced consulting environment
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.