Opinion Dynamics seeks a new team member who is passionate about bringing analytical solutions to decarbonizing the energy sector. Our ideal candidate will bring a strong quantitative skillset at the cross-section of data science, statistics, and econometrics, and be comfortable with causal inference. They will have demonstrated applied experience in those disciplines, will be able to effectively navigate the dynamic environment of a consulting firm, and be excited to work with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, quantitative analysts, and data engineers.
The Data Analytics group is a dynamic and tightly knit team of individuals from a range of backgrounds working closely together on analytically challenging and methodologically innovative consulting, advising, and research projects to support emerging needs in the clean energy space.
You will support analytic design and deploy a range of statistical and econometric models to quantify energy impacts and forecast potential for clean energy interventions, including energy efficiency, demand response, electric vehicles, and other distributed energy resources. Your work will span a range of data streams including interval energy consumption data, utility bill data, device telemetry data, customer data, data from secondary sources such as census, and data collected through primary data collection efforts, including equipment usage metering and submetering.
- A degree in economics, statistics, data science, quantitative social science, political science, or related field with demonstrated quantitative and analytic academic curriculum. Advanced degree is preferred
- Two or more years’ work experience conducting quantitative analysis focused on causal inference, econometric modeling, statistical regression analysis, forecasting, including model evaluation and validation best practices
- Strong programming skills in Python or R
- Passionate about clean energy and desire to advance adoption of clean energy solutions with the help of creative data analytics
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated track-record of thinking critically about your work and clearly communicating with other project staff and managers about your work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with clients as well as people at all levels of statistical knowledge in our organization
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and flexibly
additional desired qualifications
- Experience with version control software (e.g. Git) and collaborative code development
- Experience with building science and energy systems
- Familiarity with utility load data
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning algorithms and models
- Experience assembling and analyzing unstructured data
Preferred: Waltham, MA (Company headquarters), other locations across continental United States will be considered.
- Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Sick Time and Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Support in Presenting at Conferences and Skills Development
- Potential for performance-based bonuses
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, parental status, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related, or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation. All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.