Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks a Survey Operations Consultant to assist with all aspects of survey fielding operations as part of our Survey Team. The Survey Team supports internal project teams and is responsible for the fielding of all company surveys. Our surveys are used for planning, assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Projects also include customer experience research and advising on program design and implementation.
We’re looking for an inquisitive and enthusiastic employee to join our Survey Team. We are excited to add to our growing firm where we focus on participatory management, encouraging all our staff to have a voice in the decision-making process. Our team is committed to professional development by actively creating opportunities to learn and progress within our thriving firm. Our ideal candidate is both a self-starter and team player, enjoys working with multiple project teams with different needs, can stay calm while juggling competing priorities, and relishes learning new things.
Responsibilities of the Survey Operations Consultant include:
- Coordinating the fielding of survey research projects, which can involve multiple fast-moving projects
- Assisting with the day-to-day fielding of surveys and problem-solving when challenges arise, including monitoring and troubleshooting as needed
- Coordinating work with field partners (survey programmers, call centers, online panel providers, sample providers, and focus group facilities) and serving as the day-to-day contact on projects
- Procuring bids from multiple vendors, conducting cost analysis, and advising project teams
- Evaluating survey instruments for quality control purposes
- Programming surveys in Qualtrics
- Testing survey programming and checking data simulations
- Collaborating with colleagues who prepare and manage the samples for surveys, and implementing the sample design
- Coordinating the distribution of survey incentives
- Responding to customer inquiries about surveys and/or incentives
- Assisting colleagues involved in qualitative data collection efforts (e.g., in-depth interviews, focus groups, site visits, etc.) such as reviewing instruments, developing or managing samples, scheduling, and working with vendors
The ideal candidate will have formal training in the social sciences that included coursework in survey research and/or applied experience, experience programming surveys using Qualtrics, strong data skills, be detailed-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences
- Excellent organizational skills that include the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with a statistical package such as SPSS or Stata
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment
- A high degree of initiative in resolving problems and implementing solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Coursework or applied experience in survey research, polling, or market research
- Experience procuring financial bids and budgets
- Experience with survey programming software (e.g., Qualtrics, ConfirmIt, SurveyMonkey, Sawtooth, Voxco, etc.)
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, parental status, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related, or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation. All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.