Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks an Operations Lead for our Survey Team. The Survey Team supports internal project teams and is responsible for the fielding of all company surveys. Our surveys are used for planning, assessment, and optimization of energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Projects also include customer experience research and advising on program design and implementation.
We’re looking for an inquisitive and enthusiastic employee to lead the operations of our Survey Team. We are excited to add to our growing firm where we focus on participatory management, encouraging all our staff to have a voice in the decision-making process. Our team is committed to professional development by actively creating opportunities to learn and progress within our thriving firm.
The Survey Team Operations Lead is responsible for the implementation and oversight of survey fielding operations. The ideal candidate will be a skilled project manager with excellent communication skills and experience designing and fielding surveys of all modes (i.e., online, mail, telephone, in-person). As the Survey Team Operations Lead, you will be working in a fast-paced consulting environment and will be responsible for internal survey project deliverables. In addition, you will oversee and train junior staff who support the team.
As the Survey Team Operations Lead you are the key internal resource for survey fieldwork and operations. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the survey fielding process including serving as a technical resource for project teams, survey budget development, survey staff planning, fieldwork coordination, and data quality management. The day-to-day responsibilities of the Survey Operations Lead include:
- Day-to-day management of Survey Team, including staff and resource planning as well as training and staff support.
- Communication and coordination with internal project managers and consultants to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Advise project teams on survey methods, respondent outreach strategies, and survey instrument design
- Maintain relationships with field partners (survey programmers, call centers, online panel providers, etc.) and identify new partners as needed
- Procure bids from multiple vendors, conduct cost analysis, and advise project teams on survey budgets
- Ensure the quality of survey operations through survey instrument review, testing of survey logic, and data checks during fielding
- Stay up-to-date on trends in survey research methods and best practices; integrate new methods into Survey Team protocols
- Maintain and update survey guidance documents, tools, etc.
The ideal candidate will have superior organizational and communication skills, formal training in the social sciences and survey research methodologies, and several years of applied experience in survey fielding operations.
- Master’s degree in social sciences with formal training in survey research, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience in the field of survey research, polling, and/or market research
- Excellent organizational skills that include the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Experience managing junior staff
- Experience with survey programming software (e.g., Qualtrics, ConfirmIt, SurveyMonkey, Sawtooth, Voxco, etc.)
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment
- A high degree of initiative in resolving problems and implementing solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivation to stay up to date on current trends in approaches to survey research
- Experiencing pricing survey projects and monitoring budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with a statistical package such as SPSS or Stata
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, parental status, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related, or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation. All employees must provide proof of vaccination or schedule vaccine appointment(s) within 30 days of hire.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.