Opinion Dynamics, a market leader committed to providing cutting-edge strategic research, evaluation, and consulting services, seeks a Transportation Electrification Project Manager to support our current work and build additional work with our energy research and consulting team. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients helping to shape a clean energy future, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports the planning, evaluation, and optimization of transportation electrification, building electrification, demand response, and energy efficiency programs. Projects also include customer experience research, formative market research for new and existing programs, technology assessments, market characterization and potential studies, and advising on program design and implementation.
We’re looking for inquisitive and enthusiastic employees to join our team of energy industry aficionados – those who enjoy conducting research and analysis, but also care about the rationale behind the research and how results can be applied. We are excited to add to our growing firm where we focus on participatory management, encouraging all our staff to have a voice in the decision-making process. Our team is committed to professional development by actively creating opportunities to learn and progress within our thriving firm. Our ideal candidate is just as comfortable using the left-side of the brain as the right, enjoys a challenge, relishes learning new things, passionate about growing the business and excited to work with an interdisciplinary team.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for project management, design, and execution of research, providing advisory services to clients and supporting business development related to transportation electrification. You will work closely with our clients to make sure we are responsive to their current needs and help them look ahead to the next set of questions, challenges, and opportunities.
We are interested in qualified candidates who bring expertise in transportation electrification, and can support our growing team in the following ways:
- Overseeing, and contributing to the execution of research plans focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of electric vehicles, charging stations, and clean transportation technologies
- Analyzing best practices to promote the deployment of electric vehicles, critically assessing the role of regulations, incentives, charging infrastructure and utility rates
- Delivering projects that expand and increase availability of electric vehicle charging networks, provide insight into managing electric vehicle load to deliver grid benefits and strategies to increase adoption of light-, medium-, and heavy-duty electric vehicles
- Contributing to the growth of Opinion Dynamics’ transportation electrification practice through client engagement, high quality deliverables, and business development activities
While this role will focus on transportation electrification, it is also interdisciplinary, cutting across a variety of content areas including building electrification, demand response, utility rate and energy efficiency programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Advancing business development opportunities in Transportation Electrification (as well as other areas) by attending key industry conferences, producing editorial content, and supporting proposal development
- Effectively managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets to meet client needs and contract specifications
- Designing research strategies and methods in collaboration with other team members and functional teams (e.g., data analytics and management, market insights and engineering)
- Providing advisory and consulting services to a range of clients covering topics such as policy changes, program design, and regulatory strategy
- Conducting quality control of work products including surveys, analyses, and reporting
- Authoring memos, reports and presentations for clients and other external audiences
- Developing and presenting executive level results and recommendations
- Providing training and mentorship to less experienced consulting staff
We are looking for staff with a dynamic toolkit, who demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills; excellent time management and organizational skills; effective project management skills; polished client management and networking skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to lead our project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience managing research or consulting projects, which includes experience related to transportation electrification
- Demonstrated experience managing team-based projects and providing direction and support to less experienced staff
- Strong client management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, writing and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and desire to advance within the organization
- Proven knowledge of concepts related to electric vehicles including charging station technology and adoption, light and medium/heavy-duty adoption of electric vehicles, electric vehicle utility rates and vehicle grid integration
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Master’s degree
- Basic understanding of relevant concepts in the energy industry related to energy efficiency, building electrification, time-of-use rates, demand response and renewable energy deployment.
- Applied experience in research design and methods
- Quantitative and analytics skills with proficiency for modeling and analysis in one or more of the following tools such as Excel PowerBI, GIS or other tools
About Opinion Dynamics
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related, or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Apply for this position
We want to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit! To be considered for this position, please fill out the required fields in the form below and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume in one document (required) NOTE: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.